Effective Date, Date Last Modified: January 12, 2012.
Pixels values the privacy of our subscribers, customers, members, and others who visit and use www.pixels.asia and any other web sites or services owned or operated by Pixels (collectively or individually,"Subscribers").
The Information Pixels Collects:
- Subscriber-provided Information: You may provide to Pixels what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information, etc.) if you purchase or download content or participate in other activities on the Pixels Services.
- "Cookies" Information: When you visit the Pixels Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Pixels uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Pixels Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you visit the Pixels Services or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include unique "device IDs" (similar to IP addresses), Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Pixels Services, the pages you view on our site, and the dates and times that you visit the Pixels Services.
The Way Pixels Uses Information:
- Pixels uses the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide to you all of the features and services found on the Pixels Services. We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes such as notifying you of major Pixels Services updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have purchased.
- Pixels uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Subscribers, to improve the way the Pixels Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- Pixels uses "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Pixels Services; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Pixels will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
When Pixels Discloses Information:
- Pixels does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- Pixels discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Pixels Services.
- Pixels may disclose Subscriber information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with HKSAR laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. We may make such disclosures without providing Subscribers notice, in some cases.
- Pixels also reserves the right to disclose Subscriber information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Pixels from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Pixels Services; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Pixels, our Subscribers, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Pixels, in which case Pixels will not be able to provide to you the Pixels Services. If applicable, you may update, correct, or delete your member information and email subscription preferences at any time by mailing us at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
Pixels uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Pixels, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Pixels makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Pixels learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Pixels may post a notice on the Pixels Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that Pixels is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from Subscribers as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by the "last modified" notice below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of the Pixels Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Pixels Contact Information:
Please contact Pixels with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices at email@example.com or by postal mail at Suites 2601-02, 26/F, Two Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.